Cookies

Cookies - Teodora Kostova
**** 3,5 Cookie stars ****

A very sweets story about Amir, a war veteran who has lost his foot in the war and is suffering from PTSD, but trying to go through everyday life after coming home. He owns and runs the small bakery "Cookie's", a tribute to his nick name "Cookie" he got while in the army when he started baking cookies in their downtime during deployment. Cookie baking cookies. And brownies, and cakes, and all sorts of goodies. One of the customers is Jay, who comes in to get his cookie fix, but end up with the other Cookie too. ;)

Amir and Jay hit it off instantly, so the story is kind of insta-attraction/love. The beginning of the book was a bit slow, so it took a while for me to get into the characters, but it picked up. Amir and Jay are very sweet together and the sex scenes where especially well written. I could really feel the love blossoming between them. I liked that Amir's past was a theme in the book, but not overshadowing the romance. There are few bumps in the road, so this is a low angst, feel good book. Sometimes you just want something sweet!

Beta copy provided by the author in exchange for an honest review.