Victim of Love

Victim of Love - Darien Cox
*** 3,5 stars ***

---------------------------------------
And since the heart wants what the damn heart wants, be prepared to probably get the shit kicked out of you for a while to make it happen.
But if you can hold tight and white-knuckle the turbulence, it's usually a worthwhile trip.
Because the destination is fucking fabulous.
---------------------------------------

And that is an accurate descriptions of this book.

Olsen falls head of heels in love with the charismatic Beck during group of friends vacation at a resort. Beck certainly was a unique and fresh character!
There were somethings that I loved about this book, there were something I liked and some I didn't like.

I liked Olsen and Beck's chemistry. Their romance wasn't a traditional one. And it mostly seemed it was Olsen who was more invested in the two of them then Beck ever was.
There was only Olsen's POV in this book, which made Beck even more of an enigma.

---------------------------------------
He was an unknown sample, and I wanted to stick him under a microscope and examine him until I figured out exactly what he was, probe and prod him until he made sense to me.
~Olsen~
---------------------------------------

There were funny moments and a great secondary cast, which actually stayed with the MC throughout the book.
What made me less enthusiastic towards the end was the push and pull throughout the book. Beck had lots of issues, and he never really did handle them! Beck's issues came between Olsen and Beck several times and every time Beck just walked off or ran away.
I read Susan's review and she described it like this: "Oh, Olsen, come here and pretend you love me, no go away, I don't want you. Come back, I need you. No go away, I have issues."  And it's spot on! (thanks, hon ;))
So while I loved Beck and Olsen together, I wish Beck would have made more sense. This was good, but it had potential to be really great.

However, love can make you crazy. Crazy in love. Love "crazy" people. Love doesn't always have to make sense.

Recap of first quote:

---------------------------------------
Because the destination is fucking fabulous.