You're It

You're It - Ariel Tachna

** 2 suck it up stars **

(quote in spoiler)
"You aren't the only one who's dreamed about this for far longer than was wise. But we're here now, and that's what matters."
"Roy and Paul know, don't they? Tegan asked. "That's why they left."
"Probably," Hugh replied.
"Paul asked me last year on your birthday why I didn't kick them out."
"Why didn't you?"
"Because I didn't think you were ready to hear how I felt," Hugh admitted. "It was easier to play it off as a birthday present, as a casual thing, and still have some part of you than to have you laugh at the old guy and not have you at all."
"Not gonna happen," Tegan insisted. "This is it for me. You're it. I promise."

Hugh, I got news for you. Love is hard, no matter what, so even though it was "easier to play it off" with your two mates going down on Tegan all three of you, you should have sucked it up and told Tegan how you felt. If he was to laugh at you, then he wouldn't be worth having in the first place...

And the tags says "mmm", but I clearly counted four guys in this tale. Get your tags... well straight.

A short story in the collection "Don't Read in the Closet, Volume Three" from the MM Romance Group Hot Summer Event 2011.

Click HERE for the story online or  HERE to download the whole collection for your reading device.

Picture and prompt:

When younger, he was a wimp, always teased, always beaten. One day, in desperation he ventured his shy face into a gym. There he met and was befriended by numerous hot boys and young men, infatuated by his looks, intrigued by possibilities. They taught him how to build his body. They showed him how to use his body. What did they teach him, I wonder? What is he thinking now and who is he waiting for, I wonder? Maybe a young protégé? Or maybe one of his tutors? I wonder what they will do. I would like to know.

Genre: Contemporary

word count: 3300

Tags: Friends to lovers, m/m/m, age difference