The Boy Next Door

The Boy Next Door - P.D. Singer ** 2 luna moth stars **

---------------------------
"Time will fix that. I've know who I am and what I want for a long time, Raymond, and I've known who I want almost as long."
---------------------------

I have no idea how to feel about this story.

Firstly, I read this story without having seen the picture prompt for this story. In the downloaded file with this anthology on my Kindle the picture prompts are not included. The pictures are instead described so you can get a feel of the picture. And reading this story's photo description made me hesitant:

[Photo: An older, naked mystery man lies back, left leg bent so his foot is flat on a white bed, hands on his torso. His naked teenage lover is on hands and knees between his legs, arms braced to either side of his hips. The blonde youth stars at him with intent.]

So clearly there would be an age gap between the characters right? I have nothing against age gap in a relationship, age is but a number. But this description made the age gap sound illegal, or something. :-/ Maybe that ruined my view of the story, I dunno, but I can't decide if it was (kinda) sweet or bordering on creepy to be honest. Reading the story show that the age difference is is 33 and 21 years old, so the young guy wasn't really a teenager, anyway... But still, the I've-been-in-love-with-my-neighbor-since-I-was-six, was a off putting.

When writing the review I found the picture for the story and it isn't as bad as the photo description was. I think... Gah, I don't know. Naw, I didn't like this all that much...

----------------------------------------------------

A short story in the collection "Don't Read in the Closet, Volume Three" from the MM Romance Group Hot Summer Event 2011.

Click HERE for the story online or  HERE to download the whole collection for your reading device.

Picture and prompt:
<spoiler>

Dear Author,

Everyone keeps telling me I'm too young to really know what I want or who I am yet. Give it time, don't be rash. But it's all just noise -- just blah blah blah -- when I see him.

He's older, wiser, experienced and he makes me melt every time he looks at me. He's what I want and his boyfriend is who I am. Well, I'm hoping that's where tonight will lead, anyway. I'm going to do my damnedest to seduce him, to show him I can give him the sweet and tender I'm betting he needs.

He spends his days being tough and confident, but I know there's a marshmallow angel inside him. I can take care of him. I can. Even if I've never done anything like this before. I have to try.

Genre: Contemporary

Tags: friends to lovers, age-difference, college, vanilla, outdoors
</spoiler>