Pavane For a Proud Prince

Pavane For a Proud Prince - Julie Lynn Hayes ** 2,5 magic raven stars **

An okay fairy tale/fantasy story. I liked the world build, but sadly didn't feel any romance between the two MCs. Oh, Nico was very much in love with his beautiful Prince and had been for years, but had been treated like crap by the Prince, who stayed standoffish during the whole tale. I think it was too long too, and the end felt like too little, too late. But, hey it was a HEA. I liked the way the raven wings from the picture prompt were weaved into the story at the end!

----------------------------------------------------

A short story in the collection "Don't Read in the Closet, Volume Three" from the MM Romance Group Hot Summer Event 2011.

Click HERE for the story online or  HERE to download the whole collection for your reading device.

Picture and prompt:

Dear Author,

I have this painting I did a few years ago that I'd love to see where an author could take it. The set up is:

The magician's apprentice risked a dangerous spell to rescue the arrogant prince with whom he's fallen in love. The prince realizes his own feelings have changed from animosity to love; this after a series of confrontations that didn't bode well for a relationship. By the looks of it though, the HEA afterglow is blissful.

Genre: Fantasy

Tags: fantasy, m/m, romance, magic, sorcery