Spinner

Spinner - Ryssa Edwards ** 2 plain stupid stars **

-------------------------
"Tell the truth even if your voice shakes."
-------------------------

The writing in this story was good, I liked the quote binding the story together. It could have been great, but wasn't.

I refuse to believe that the tough, skilled Marine, who has risked his life and faced many dangers through his career, would readily be so careless and risk his life in a whole different way and trust a guy he just met a few hours ago to not use a condom. The "enemy" which might, or might not be present, will definitely kill you, Marine.

It pisses me off that authors choose to let their characters have unprotected sex with someone they don't know. Is it supposed to show trust and bring the characters closer to not wear a condom? Well, it's just plain stupid, is what it is. :(

----------------------------------------------------

A short story in the collection "Don't Read in the Closet, Volume Three" from the MM Romance Group Hot Summer Event 2011.

Click HERE for the story online or  HERE to download the whole collection for your reading device.

Picture and prompt:

Dear Author,

After being discharged, this guy is ready to put 'don't ask, don't tell' behind him. He's loved his time in the military, but hated having to hide who he is. He's kept his secret long enough. Can you give him the happily ever after he deserves?

Thanks,