Surf's Up

Surf's Up - Sarah Madison

*** 3,5 Summer stars ***

Ah, summer, beach, sand, holiday, romance.... It warmed me up on a cold day in February. A sweet and good tale of a summer romance with a bit of a twist or two. Nice ending which left the story open for more.

As a side note, though, the prompt says the picture prompt has been the desktop wallpaper for two years. This picture is nice and all, but really? There are a LOT of other and much greater pictures out there! Come on, live a little and change you wallpaper more often.

A short story in the collection "Don't Read in the Closet, Volume Two" from the MM Romance Group Hot Summer Event 2011.

Click HERE for the story online or  HERE to download the whole collection for your reading device.

Picture and prompt:

Dear Author,

I've had this beautiful man as my desktop wallpaper for two years now...I see a new story every time I look at him. I think he's waiting for someone, maybe someone he doesn't know; I love the way his posture echoes the woman in the mural - is this picture at the beach? What kind of van or truck is he leaning on? Maybe it's a delivery van, and he's trying to catch the eye of a hot surfer dude, or perhaps someone all the other men have overlooked, who works at the beach?

Do you think he knows how beautiful he is, and he's posing? I think the way his hands are resting on his crotch and thigh is no accident...

Thanks, Dear Author - I've wondered for two years what he's looking at...or looking for. What do you think?

Genre: contemporary

Tags: role-playing, vacation, beach, surfing