Consent - A.J.  Rose ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Update Sept 30th: see end of review for print screen of A.J. Rose's response to my review.

DNF at 20%. Hard limit reached.

Which got nothing to do with speculation of Ben and Gavin bringing in a third.

I'm just sick to my stomach right now, and I don't want to feel this way.

I am so very sorry. Rose's writing is so good and it's been a pleasure reading up until now. Great suspense and mystery.

But still...

Reason for DNF. Spoiler of a scene, not the mystery.
Don't click if you do not want to know. If you want to be prepared then click it, it doesn't spoil the plot.
Last chance...
Description of Myah being gang raped in captivity.

Read the paragraph from the book by clicking the next spoiler.
You are here by warned.

"It'll be over if you tell us what we want, love." The words promised much but left her cold as she was invaded, used, and manhandled. The Voice put his hands around her throat, cutting off her air supply while he brutalized her, and she was helpless. Just as she neared oblivion, The Voice let her breathe again, bringing her back to torment that went on for hours. She lost track of how many times they mounted her, slapped her, pinched her. She was even flipped to her stomach and violated from behind, no humiliation left uninflicted as she screamed and screamed and screamed. They didn't let up until she broke, going away in her head on the drift of the words, "I don't know. I don't know. I don't know...."

Update Sept 30th.
I'd like to point out, on the base of the history of this book, that I gave this book a fair chance in reading it. Marco Manganiello did too, but is still getting reaction to his rating. Addressing this issue in a conversation on Facebook, I'm copy-pasting A.J. Rose's reactions and responses to this and my review.

I don't know if you are judging me for 1 staring Consent. You may do so if that is your opinion, personal opinions are personal, but I want you to disagree or agree after reading our conversation with the author.

(The "you" in the first sentence is referring to Marco.
The blacked-out part is just my last name, which I don't want to use publicly here)

If the print screens are difficult to read, click here for a larger version.

See, if the author don't judge, neither should you.
Personal opinions, hard limits, rating, reviews etc are personal.